About the Doctor
Dr. Urteaga was born and raised in El Paso, Texas. After high school, he attended Texas Christian University in Ft. Worth, Texas, followed by completion of his undergraduate pre-medical studies at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas. (Whoop!) He graduated number-two in his class at Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine in Miami Shores, Florida with a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine.
His internship was completed at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio and his surgical residency at the Scott and White/Texas A&M University Health Science Center in Temple, Texas in 1997. He has been in private practice in New Braunfels since 1997. Dr. Urteaga is board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery.
Dr. Urteaga lives in New Braunfels with his wife, Maria, of 10 years; sons, Alejandro and Ian; and daughter, Gabrielle. He is a member of Sts. Peter and Paul Catholic Church. In his rare, spare time, he enjoys spending time with his family, exercise - particularly, cycling and weight training, golf, boating, and all aspects of Aggie football and Spurs basketball!
Dr. Urteaga is a member of or affiliated with the following:
• American Podiatric Medical Association
• Texas Podiatric Medical Association
• Diplomate, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
• Board Certified, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
• Associate, American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
• Member, Podiatric Physicians Providing Comprehensive Care
• Physician, Foundation Sports Medicine
• Clinical Faculty, University of Texas Health Science Center,
• Consulting Staff Physician: McKenna Memorial Hospital, North East
Methodist Hospital, North East Baptist Hospital, Central Texas
Medical Center and New Braunfels Surgical Center
• Lecturer, Do Well Be Well with Diabetes series at the Westside